Search This Blog

Waiting on Baby C #3

Buy Coffee for Baby C #3

LS-120x60

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

They call me Grease Monkey...

Ok, not really, but I did just change my air filter in my car. The last three oil changes the mechanic has told me that I need to get my air filter changed. It would cost me $27.50. I knew I could get it cheaper at Walmart, because my Daddy told me to always say no to mechanics, so I paid for my oil change and marched myself over to Walmart and the auto aisle. I found the filter I needed, and when I got home, I looked it up in the manual, and just changed it! Easy as pie. My old one was really dirty (so maybe you can trust mechanics in Texas), so hopefully I will start getting better gas mileage.
Air filter change at Firestone: $27.50 Air filter at Wallyworld: $10.27 Knowing I did it, All By Myself: Very Worthwhile!
Also, I found this blog of a girl mechanic. Very Funny!

3 comments:

Little Daddy said...

Girl, you done good. No point in paying those mechanics for something you can do.

The picture had me a little confused. Glad you cleared that up.

Unknown said...

go girl! I, for one, know nothing of this sort.

PS - How did you get that picture of me? so humiliated.

Tricia said...

whoa! I'm totally impressed. I need a manual just to FIND my car manual.

Myspace Layouts, Glitters & More!